Friday, November 18, 2011

Helping this Holiday Season


Hey Everyone!!

I have talked to several of you that are interested in donating to my current Junebug project. Which I can't express enough thanks!!

As of right now only two people have donated out of around 15 that said they were interested. Which is perfectly fine but I wanted to inform everyone of the deadlines that we are trying to reach.

Wendy has been putting a clothing drive together which will start the week after Thanksgiving and end on December 13th. With the money that we receive we are wanting to buy any additional jackets, hats and gloves for the children, along with using the money to help ship over the items. We are hoping to ship everything over the 3rd week in December which puts us around Dec 19th.

Shipping is by far the most expensive. As for everyone that has sent me a care package, I can openly say it costs around 40-50 US dollars for each box, and that is on the cheaper end. With that being said, remember we are trying to provide for 200 children who live in Iargara,Moldova that literally have nothing.

If you want to donate simply look on our page and there is a paypal button that you can click on to use and donate.

In closing I wanted to share with you another experience I recently had yesterday. In my village of 4000 people there is only one young woman who is in a wheel chair. This young woman sits home all day long due to the school refusing her due to her disability. As for the center "Pentru Tine," we have invited her to come to our center and enjoy time with other children. This young woman very much wants to have this experience however is unable to due to the inaccessibility/costs to pampers in Moldova. With the lump share of money and donations we are trying to obtain pampers for this young girl as well. I can't even describe to you how it felt when I shared this with her and her mother. Tears rolled down their faces, and never in my life have I seen joy come to anyones heart the way it did to theirs. Remember the littlest things make a difference.

In turn to this I also wanted to share this young woman came to see me yesterday on her way back from the hospital. As I observed her I noticed that her jacket was 3 times to small. I asked her about this and she said she can't afford a new jacket, so the current one has to work. How hard this was to see, this young child couldn't even zip up her jacket because of the size.. 

So I again ask you to take a look into your hearts and help this holiday season be wonderful for these children. They aren't asking for I-pods, computers, video games, etc. They are simply wanting jackets, hats, and gloves so they can bare the winter cold.

Again I thank you in advance and wish all of you a great holiday season. Each one of you is very special in my heart.

Love
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment